Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Piss poor job, says I..

Gosh darn it. I´m back.

Ok, the thing is, I am an easily distracted personality, I´ve got 5 books that I´m reading at one time, I forget the dishes in the sink with the soap water because I start doing homework with Leo, I wake up in the morning, vehemently determined to write this and do that and then end up washing laundry or staring at the wall until it´s time to go and pick the Spud up and realize I´ve gotten nothing done.

This is me, trying to make excuses on why I have not been writing. Not here or anywhere else.

Yet, even though I´ve been silent on this front, I´ve managed to get something done!
I´ve send out job applications and got three responses today, it´s starting to look as if I am able to pay Leos school after all! The cruel irony of the matters at hand is that the most desirable position of those three is the one that sounds to most dodgy when you look at it more thoroughly. Bugger, says I.

I´ve also started to sell our stuff. The sofa, other kitchen table, digi box, book shelves and so are firmly out on the market, let´s hope someone has the good sense to relieve me of these items. And pay good money for them, obviously.

I recognize this feeling of restlessness inside from all the previous times I´ve decided to pack up and haul us to the next address and this time, I´m not even going to try and feel bad about it. I am nearly giddy with excitement on having the possibility to start fresh and doing it without any help. There is no family there to help, nothing to lean on in Barcelona that I could steady myself to.

This, my dearest people, is the true test of merit, if I really have the strength that I´ve been hollering about for years and years. I´m pretty confident that I will pass the test with flying colors. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment